Financial Adviser / Financieel adviseur
As a Financial Adviser, you have a direct impact on our client’s success in staying in the Netherlands. We work with highly skilled individuals and families from abroad and help our clients understand their financial circumstances in the Netherlands and how to reach their short-term and long-term financial objectives.
In this role, you analyze our client’s financial position and present realistic, meaningful recommendations based on the client’s financial situation and goals to the financial specialist. You will offer advice on many personal finance topics, including savings/investment strategies, estate planning considerations, protection planning through insurance, and retirement accumulation and distribution tactics. You handle all transactional services (product brokerage) to help our clients reach their goals.
We are looking for a Financial Adviser who gets excited about working for a fast-growing company and seeing its direct results. We believe in sustainable growth and long-lasting relationships. So, if you’re obsessed with turning numbers into meaningful advice and improving on a personal and professional level, this role might be the perfect fit for you.
We currently are a team of four (Sezer, Robin, Ozkan, and Egle). Sezer and Robin met at one of the big banks in the Netherlands six years ago, became friends, and enjoyed working together ever since. Egle and Ozkan joined the team in 2020 and turned out to be a perfect match for the team.
We work from a traditional Amsterdam canal house on Prinsengracht. As we’re spending 40 hours per week together, we find it essential to have a safe and balanced work environment. Snacks are taken care of by Mister Mortgage. We take the time during Whiny Wednesday to share how things are going. Occasionally our Friday evenings are spent at the office with pizza and board games (with music on in the background) or in the city having drinks.
- Analyze clients’ financial position.
- Create, manage, and implement a financial plan.
- Present suitable financial products and services.
- Execute on a wide range of financial products.
- Maintain updated knowledge of regulations, practices, and financial products.
Nice to have responsibilities
- Examine and suggest financial opportunities (e.g., insurance plans, investments)
- Find and approach prospective clients
- Build strong relationships to retain existing clients
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Valid professional licenses (WFT basis, hypothecair krediet, and vermogen).
- International experience.
- Willing to invest their time and effort in learning and becoming a financial specialist who lives and breathes their client’s best interest.
- Speaks fluently Dutch and English.
Nice to have qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of mortgages and investments.
- Experience with international clients.
- Attention to detail and strong math skills.
- Strong ethics, with a customer-oriented attitude.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- High standards of excellence and care to detail.
- Pleasant working atmosphere.
- A strong & motivated team spirit.
- Flexible working hours.
- Growth possibilities.
- We provide 20 paid holidays per year and a holiday allowance.
- Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An invitation to a video call (10-15 min) follows.
- Prepare an assignment.
- Present your findings and results during an interview.